1. What drew you to your genre of craft? I made a batch of cold process soap with a friend in the late 1990s and fell in love with the process. A move to Canada in 2001 and the fact that I didn’t have the correct paperwork completed to work there, I decided to go to school. I earned a degree in Western Herbal Medicine & Western Aromatherapy and was taught how to make a few basic products. I’ve been a self-taught formulator ever since.
2. How long have you been crafting in your current medium? Almost 20 years.
3. What is your favorite thing/product to make? Bath bombs are pretty satisfying. Turing a gigantic bowl of scented powders into spheres is really fun. Dusty but fun.
4. What is your favorite part of the creative process? I love labeling my products and packing gift sets. My favorite gift sets to assemble are my travel bags.
5. When you aren’t making, what could we find you doing? Baking in the fall and winter, gardening and doing shows in the spring, summer, fall, road trips all year long, spending time with my husband, kids and 4 cats.
6. Coffee or tea? Coffee in the morning, herbal teas the rest of the day/night.